However, the cost of visas obtained on arrival remains at USD 50 per person*. This has been reconfirmed at the Ressano Garcia border, Maputo and Vilanculos Airports.
Please note that should travellers which to obtain a visa on arrival they should ensure they have the following:
- Passport valid for at least six months after departure from Mozambique
- Minimum of two empty pages in the passport
- Confirmation/copies of hotel reservation and onward flight tickets (please send passports details beforehand so the relevant confirmation letter can be prepared by the accommodation in Mozambique)
- Cash to pay for the visa – new notes, small denominations
* The rate is subject to the exchange rate of the day and may change slightly
Some positive Visa news! The Mozambique Government has recently announced that they are in the process of developing an online visa platform to help encourage tourism to the country. This will go a long way to simplify, and hopefully standardize, the visa process for all travellers in future.