- Road transfer from Maun to Tuskers, from Tuskers to Xobega Island Camp
- Light air transfer from Xobega Island to Camp Savuti and from Camp Savuti to Maun
- Two nights accommodation at Tuskers Bush Camp, accommodation on a Full Board basis (three meals per day, no drinks) + game activities
- Two nights accommodation at Xobega Island Camp, accommodation on a Full Board basis (three meals per day, no drinks) + game activities
- Two nights accommodation at Camp Savuti, accommodation on a Full Inclusive Basis (three meals per day and local drinks) + game activities
- Airport transfers to African Rock Hotel from OR Tambo International Airport
- One night accommodation at African Rock Hotel on a bed & breakfast basis
- Four nights accommodation at Anvil Bay on a full board basis (three meals per day, no drinks) + all non-motorized activities
Day 1 & 2
Arrive in Maun, the tourism capital of Botswana. Maun carries the feeling of a dusty, frontier town. You will be met on arrival at Maun Airport and enjoy a scenic drive to your destination, Tuskers Bush Camp.
Situated between the Nxai Pan National Park and Moremi Game Reserve, Tuskers Bush Camp is situated on an expansive private concession that includes the northern tip of the Botswana Kalahari. This exclusive part of African bushveld and mopane forest is ideal for game drives and walking safaris. Exploring on foot in the company of an experienced guide is a fantastic way to learn more of the beauty and intricacies of the African bush. The wildlife in the area is abundant and easily spotted from the unfenced camp. Small and intimate, with only 6 safari tents, guests enjoy exclusivity and privacy during their stay. Tuskers Bush Camp has a traditional camping safari feel which is evident in its simplistic design, canvas tents and eco bathrooms.
Enjoy two nights at Tuskers Bush Camp inclusive of all meals, game activities, bottled water, teas & coffees, park fees & taxes.
Day 3 & 4
Early morning wake-up call followed by coffee and breakfast at Tuskers before you embark on the approximately half day game drive / road transfer through the Moremi Game Reserve to Xobega Island Camp. Enjoy game viewing en route as the transfer takes you from Tuskers, into Moremi’s Khwai Gate through the reserve along the Khwai riverfront.
Xobega Island Camp is a little piece of paradise for nature lovers and keen birders. It is located on a small island in the renowned Okavango Delta, just off the mainland of the Moremi Game Reserve. Precautions have been taken to keep the Camp’s impact minimal on the pristine surroundings and therefore the lodge is very eco orientated with solar power and buckets showers. Xobega Island Camp’s tree filled island location means that safari experiences are water based. It’s all about birds, boat cruises and hippos with the ever present Elephants never far away.
Enjoy 2 nights at Xobega Island Camp inclusive of all meals, game activities, bottled water, teas & coffees, park fees & taxes.
Day 5 & 6
Wake up early for coffee and breakfast in the dining tent on Xobega Island before departing the Delta and heading for the Savuti. After breakfast, you’re back out on the water for a 45-minute boat cruise transfer from Xobega to Mboma Boat Station, where you will switch to a game viewer and be transferred to Xakanaxa Airstrip to connect with your light air transfer to Savuti.
Situated in the heart of the world famous Chobe National Park, Camp Savuti is positioned on the banks of the Savuti Channel and close to the famous Savuti Marsh. The area is known as one of Africa’s wildlife hotspots – with its landscapes and ecology supporting a large variety of plant, bird and animals. Camp Savuti encompasses the highlights of any traditional safari – abundant game viewing and authentic, tented accommodation. Experience the thrill of watching predators in their natural habitat from the comfort of an open-air 4×4 vehicle in the company of knowledgeable and experienced rangers. The Savuti area is also known for its large population of bull Elephants and the mass migration of zebras, a mass wildlife movement only second to the great migrations in East Africa.
Enjoy 2 nights at Camp Savuti inclusive of all meals, game activities, local drinks (soft drinks, local beer & house wines) bottled water, teas & coffees, park fees & taxes.
Day 8 – 12
Today you will depart from OR Tambo International Airport to Maputo International Airport. Your guide will meet you at the Airport. Enjoy a scenic transfer through Maputo and then onwards to the Maputo Special Elephant Reserve.
Situated on an untouched stretch of coastal wilderness in The Maputo Special Elephant Reserve, Anvil Bay offers a private and exclusive barefoot beach camp. With the focus being on preserving the pristine wilderness, the lodge’s footprint has been kept minimal with its set up under canvas and thatch. It offers all the creature comforts of home with the luxury of isolated, unspoiled stretch of beach. It is the perfect location to come and relax and recover after an adventure filled, a strenuous African safari. It’s a world of simple pleasures that make lifelong memories. Glorious sunrises over the ocean, evenings under the stars around the campfire on the beach, miles of untouched beaches and an ocean filled with rich marine life.
Enjoy 4 nights at Anvil Bay on a full board basis.
After breakfast, you will be transferred by road back to Maputo International Airport for your flight back home.
- All meals, beverages, entrance fees, activities, flights, transfers and car rental not listed under Includes section.
- Regional and domestic flight fares and taxes are excluded but can be quoted on request (Arrival in Maun, Maun to Johannesburg, Johannesburg to Maputo return).
- All items of a personal nature such as curio shop purchases, telephone calls and gratuities.
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- The rates are subject to change without warning if there is an increase to park fees, bed levies, fuel prices or sales by third party suppliers or any other circumstances which is beyond our control.
- Note that all activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Standard booking terms & conditions remain applicable at all times.
- Small and private Big 5 game sightings
- Exploring the African bush on foot
- Eco friendly, under canvas style properties
- Expansive star filled night skies