- Road transfer from Hoedspruit Airport to Motswari Game Reserve.
- Three nights accommodation at Motswari Game Lodge, of which one night is an overnight walking trail and sleep out, on a fully inclusive basis
- Charter flight from Motswari Airstrip to Malelane Airstrip
- One way road transfer from Malelane Airstrip to Maputo Marina
- Return boat transfers from Maputo Marina to Machangulo Beach Lodge
- Five nights accommodation at Machangulo Beach Lodge on a Full Board basis (three meals per day and selected beverages)
- Road transfer from Maputo Marina to Maputo Airport (Maputo City Tour is an optional extra and not included as a standard in the package price).
Day 1 – 3
Situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, which is part of the Greater National Park Conservancy, Motswari is a family owned and operated game lodge that prides itself on its warm atmosphere.
The 15 well-appointed bungalows are all en-suite, with all the relevant creature comforts, and enjoy unrivalled bush views. There is wildlife in abundance in the area ranging from countless numbers of African Plains Game to cheetah and wild dogs. The nocturnal animals liven up sunset drives, be sure to look out for hyenas, honey badgers and owls. Birders can view well over 350 different species year round. With extended game drives and bush walks accompanied by experienced guides and rangers, Motswari offers a hard to beat 9 hours daily of interaction and exploration of the bush.
For avid bush lovers there is an overnight walking safari included in the package. Engage all five of the senses in the company of knowledgeable guides as you are led through untouched wilderness to view the wildlife up close and personal. Overnight in a remote tented campsite tucked away under the trees where you will sit along the fire and share bush stories with your guides.
Spend a total of three nights at Motswari Game Lodge, one of which is an overnight walking safari, on a fully inclusive basis including game activities.
Day 4 – 8
Bid your hosts farewell before being transferred to the Motswari Airstrip before enjoying a scenic charter flight to Mpumalanga. You will land at an airstrip not too far from the South African / Mozambican border to make for a convenient connection by road to Maputo which will save a lot of traveling time. From the Maputo Marina the Machangulo boat will take you across the bay to where Machangulo Beach Lodge overlooks Inhaca Island.
Machangulo Beach Lodge offers breath taking views over the channel and Inhaca Island from its location up on the dunes. With three different accommodation categories, there is something suitable for everyone, from those wanting either spectacular views or the convenience of easy beach access. The friendly team are known for their warm hospitality and ensuring that your stay is truly magical. Enjoy a variety of activities on offer ranging from superb deep sea fishing, snorkelling in the Inhaca Marine Reserve, kayaking in the mangroves to spa treatments. Or simply walk along endless, deserted beaches as you soak up the beauty of the area.
Spend five nights at Machangulo Beach Lodge on a full board basis (inclusive three meals per day as well as selected beverages)
Start planning your next visit to Southern Africa whilst en route back to Maputo city. If time allows between transfers, we recommend a city tour of the intriguing capital of Maputo. From Maputo you can either connect back to Johannesburg’s OR Tambo Airport from where you will fly back home or take one of the direct international flight options.
- All meals, beverages, entrance fees, activities, flights, transfers and car rental not listed under Includes section.
- Regional and domestic flight fares and taxes are excluded but can be quoted on request.
- All items of a personal nature such as curio shop purchases, telephone calls and gratuities.
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- The rates are subject to change without warning if there is an increase to park fees, bed levies, fuel prices or sales by third party suppliers or any other circumstances which is beyond our control.
- Note that all activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Standard booking terms & conditions remain applicable at all times.
- A challenging search for the Small 5 (Elephant Shrew, Buffalo Weaver, Leopard Tortoise, Antlion and Rhino Beetle)
- Dinner around the camp fire under the stars
- Long walks along the Machangulo Peninsula
- Snorkelling off Inhaca Island followed by a beach picnic